What data we collect from you and why we collect it
Information we collect automatically
Just like almost every website on the internet, if you visit our site to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends our host servers (and we may be able to access or retain) information such as the:
- name of the company that is providing your internet access;
- current Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using (this does not usually tell us anything about your physical location beyond what city or country you are accessing the internet from);
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the web address of any site where you clicked on a link to get to MeiSuperMei.com.
- We may use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain, improve, and promote this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, to determine what kinds of people are interested in our site, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- Except for taking action to block IP addresses associated with security threats to our site, we will not use this information to identify individuals (nor would we normally be able to).
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact forms and email
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms or contact us by email:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to, or fulfill your request.
Meisupermei.com is powered by the WordPress content management system. The WordPress system may place cookies on your device under the following circumstances:
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. This helps us to learn more about who comes to our website, what they do on it, and how we can make the website better and promote it more effectively.
Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information, and does not provide your IP address to Meisupermei.com. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
We may employ the “Facebook Pixel”, a system that helps us learn whether our Facebook ads are working by letting Facebook see which pages you visit on our website and what actions you take there. Facebook may combine this information with a Facebook account that you have signed into previously on your device, meaning that the Facebook company may know the personal identity of visitors to our website, and may process and store information about them in a personally-identifiable fashion. However, Facebook does not share your identity with MeiSuperMei.com, instead only providing us with anonymized statistics. The activities of the Facebook Pixel system, including any cookies it may place on your device, are governed by the Facebook Data Policy.
Other third-party services
Who we share your data with
MeiSuperMei.com does not sell your data or share your data with third parties for their own marketing.
Additionally, visitor comments on our website may be checked through an automated spam detection service by the WordPress software that operates our website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Information you provide to us through contact forms or emails may be retained indefinitely for our records unless you request that they be erased.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How to contact us
For any inquiries or requests regarding your data or privacy in relation to MeiSuperMei.com, you can contact us at email@example.com.